“A lady I worked with brought this in one day, and it was a hit. Now it is the favorite of all my dinner guests. It’s great for a covered dish dinner too. I have made this also without the meat, and it is well received.” Baked Ziti – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1 pound dry ziti pasta
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 6 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.
- In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat. Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9×13 inch baking dish. Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, Provolone cheese, sour cream, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.
Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 578 calories; 25.3 g fat; 58.4 g carbohydrates; 27.9 g protein; 71 mg cholesterol; 914 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Colleen B. Smith, Photo Credit: sylvie szafranski (flickr)