“A great way to use leftover chicken. Even kids love these!” Chicken Enchiladas – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast meat
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 (12 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a large baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the green onion until tender (about 3 to 4 minutes). Add the garlic powder, then stir in the green chiles, cream of mushroom soup and sour cream. Mix well. Reserve 3/4 of this sauce and set aside. To the remaining 1/4 of the sauce in the saucepan, add the chicken and 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese. Stir together.
- Fill each flour tortilla with the chicken mixture and roll up. Place seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine the reserved 3/4 of the sauce with the milk. Spoon this mixture over the rolled tortillas and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 619 calories; 27.1 g fat; 66.8 g carbohydrates; 26.1 g protein; 60 mg cholesterol; 1459 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Teppij, Photo Credit: Jobin Alex (flickr)