“Wonderful white fresh strawberry coffee cake is topped with fresh strawberry and crumb topping.” You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch baking pan.
- Beat 1/4 cup butter in a bowl until creamy; add 3/4 cup sugar and egg. Beat until fully incorporated.
- Mix 1 1/2 cup flour, baking powder, and salt together in a separate bowl. Stir flour mixture, alternating with milk, into butter mixture until combined. Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Arrange strawberries atop the batter.
- Mix 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup butter, and coconut together in a bowl. Sprinkle topping over strawberries.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Recipe by: Sue Walker, Photo Credit: Kalorienpalast (pixabay)