“These low-carb, gluten-free hamburger buns are made with ground almonds, coconut flour, and flax seed.” Keto Buns – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 2/3 cup finely ground almonds
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup flaxseed meal
- 3 tablespoons psyllium husk powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, or as desired
- 3 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine ground almonds, coconut flour, flaxseed meal, psyllium husk powder, baking powder, onion powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Combine egg whites and egg in a separate bowl.
- Add vinegar and mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to the bowl with the flour mixture and mix well.
- Add water.
- Blend using an electric mixer until a dough forms.
- Divide dough into 8 equal parts and place on a baking sheet.
- Shape into buns and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 50 minutes.
- Do not substitute fresh egg whites with liquid egg whites from a carton.
Per Serving: 129 calories; 8.8 g fat; 9.3 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 23 mg cholesterol; 240 mg sodium.
Recipe by: myketorecipes, Photo Credit: J. F. L. (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.