“This one is the BEST low carb meatloaf I’ve ever made and will ever make again. I mean look at the meaty goodness, it makes my mouth water just thinking about it.” Low Carb Bacon Meatloaf – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 18 slices bacon
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup diced canned mushrooms
- 1 medium diced shallot
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Weave the bacon. Under, over, under, over. Refer to the video on the webpage if you need help.
- Place the bread pan upside down on top of the bacon weave, then flip it into the pan.
- Mix all of the other ingredients carefully, maintaining chunkiness. Layer meat, add cheese, add more meat.
- Pull the edges of the bacon weave over the meatloaf. Add another strip of bacon down the middle to make it look better. Push down on the edges to make sure the form is properly inside the pan.
- Cover in foil and stick it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300 F
- Remove from fridge, place grill on top of meatloaf pan, and flip the loaf out of the pan.
- Add any seasonings or rubs to the bacon now, and stick it in the oven for 1 hour (60 minutes)
- Turn the oven up to 350 degrees and cook an additional 10 minutes, or until internal temperature reads 160 F.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve and enjoy.
Per Serving: 377 calories; 28.8 g fat; 3.4 g carbohydrates; 24.5 g protein; 7 mg cholesterol; 56 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Kimberly, Photo Credit: Bebobee (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.