“Zucchini slices step in for pasta in this low-carb and gluten-free beef lasagna that is delicious and satisfying; such a crowd pleaser!” Low-Carb Zucchini Lasagna – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- cooking spray
- 1 1/2 large zucchinis, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups low-carb marinara sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pat dry zucchini slices with a paper towel to get rid of excess moisture.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ground beef; cook until browned, 5 to 8 minutes. Add marinara sauce, 1 teaspoon salt, oregano, and pepper; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Combine remaining 1 teaspoon salt, ricotta cheese, egg, and nutmeg in a bowl; mix well.
- Make 1 layer of zucchini slices in the prepared baking dish. Cover with 1/2 of the sauce. Add another layer of zucchini slices. Spread ricotta mixture on top. Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Add another layer of zucchini slices; cover with the remaining sauce and top with 1 cup mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and bake until top is golden, about 15 minutes more.
Per Serving: 424 calories; 26.8 g fat; 8.9 g carbohydrates; 30.4 g protein; 117 mg cholesterol; 1427 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Denis, Photo Credit: Miodrag (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.