Showing your family how much you care about them and love them. Here are fifteen simple ways to show your family the love all year long!
- Admit when you are wrong. It’s important for family members, especially your kids, to know you are OK with owning it when you’ve made a mistake and wish to make it right.
- Smile at your kids when they walk in the room, simply because you’re happy to see them.
- Catch your child (and partner) doing something good and praise them in public for it.
- Be sure and share as many family meals together as possible throughout the week. Maybe it can’t always be dinner, but kicking off the day together by enjoying breakfast as a family is equally as important.
- Don’t compare your child to others. Every child is a unique individual and needs to know that you support them for who they are, not for who they are not.
- Tell your child you love them each and every day.
- Give your kids and family members a hug every day.
- Be as involved as your schedule permits with your child’s school including going to PTO meetings, attending parent teacher conferences, and supporting school and sporting functions that are school related.
- Insist on teaching your child manners, especially the magic words!
- Learn to become a better listener when your kids and spouse want to share their feelings.
- Schedule regular dates with each of your children throughout the month as well as your partner.
- Routinely send your kids and spouse love notes and whimsical cards of appreciation.
- Be kind to yourself. Showing your family that you value taking care of yourself is extremely important in sending a message of how valuable self-love is for the better good of the rest of the family.
- Routinely surprise your loved ones with their favorite sweet treats or meals.
- Let your child decide what’s for dinner one night of the week.