“This chicken dish uses skinless boneless chicken breasts and tastes delicious. It’s great as an appetizer or as a main dish served with rice and a veggie.” Sweet, Sticky and Spicy Chicken – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger root
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Mix together brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and hot sauce in a small bowl.
- Lightly salt and pepper the chicken strips.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken strips and brown on both sides, about 1 minute per side. Pour the sauce over the chicken. Simmer uncovered until the sauce thickens, 8 to 10 minutes.
Editor’s Note: If you saw this recipe in the “Vegetable Insurgency” article in the Jun/Jul/Aug 2015 issue of Allrecipes, we added 1/2 lb. of broccoli florets to it. If you want to add the crunch of crisp-tender broccoli to this dish, add the florets in Step 3 when you brown the chicken strips.
Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Recipe by: katemartinoblog.wordpress.com, Photo Credit: Travis Yewell (unsplash)