“I love experimenting with recipes, and I came up with this one after a lot of experimenting with my favorite waffle recipe. These are more filling than your average waffles. I use aluminum-free baking powder. These are wonderful with homemade blueberry syrup.” Whole Grain Waffles – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 3/4 cups skim milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, oil, applesauce, and vanilla. Beat in whole wheat pastry flour, flax seed meal, wheat germ, all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt until batter is smooth.
- Preheat a waffle iron, and coat with cooking spray. Pour batter into waffle iron in batches, and cook until crisp and golden brown.
Per Serving: 288 calories; 15.8 g fat; 28.4 g carbohydrates; 9.9 g protein; 63 mg cholesterol; 394 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Michelle Ramey, Photo Credit: silviarita (pixabay)