“I modified Beatrice’s Excellent Oatmeal cookies very slightly. I came up with something that my boyfriend went CRAZY over! I’ve never seen him enjoy cookies to that extent! He said I blew his mother’s recipe away.” Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the quick oats, walnuts, and chocolate chips. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 145 calories; 8.1 g fat; 17.2 g carbohydrates; 2.1 g protein; 20 mg cholesterol; 107 mg sodium.
Recipe by: PANTHERA, Photo Credit: Lernestorod (pixabay)