“Large all-beef hot dogs are wrapped in cheese dough then baked to golden perfection.” Keto Crescent Dogs – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 1 ¾ cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 large egg
- 8 large all-beef hot dogs
- Grate the mozzarella cheese.
- In a mixing bowl add the cream cheese, almond flour, and mozzarella cheese. Microwave on high for about 30 seconds.
- Add in the large egg then mix everything together. I like to use a silicone spatula because it doesn’t stick to the dough.
- Place the dough on a piece of parchment or wax paper. If the dough is acting a bit “wet” then I prefer to use wax paper.
- Place a second piece of paper on the top then roll it out into a rough rectangle shape. (Or a perfect rectangle shape if you’re especially talented.)
- Cut the dough into 8 strips using a knife or a pizza wheel.
- Carefully wrap the strips around the hot dogs. Sometimes the strips break on me. Don’t worry, just press the dough back together. Some of the dogs might look a little lumpy if this happens but that’s OK.
- Bake at 400°F for about 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. You can pop this under the broiler for the last few minutes to get a nice color on top.
Per Serving: 343 calories; 28.5 g fat; 3.5 g carbohydrates; 17.3 g protein; 30 mg cholesterol; 315 mg sodium.
Recipe by: Angelena Brindley, Photo Credit: Belinda Hankins Miller (flickr)
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.